Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On the move again

Goodness.

I dipped my toe in the vast sea of blogging static last year. My original (and only) post is dated August 30, 2006. Well friends, today is December 12, 2007.

A flurry of activity in recent months...
  • A move from London to Chicago
  • A 500 mile drive through the Midwest on a windy day with a 16-foot Penske moving truck and attached car carrier
  • Two emergency room visits and a 3-day hospital stay
  • The first friend in my "wine night" circle had a baby - I'm an auntie!
  • Business trip to Greece
  • 5,487 business trips to New York (and the frequent flier miles to prove it)
  • My first trip to Wisconsin*

Friday marks the move from Chicago to Kansas City. Again with all the boxes and the tape. Again with not finding my winter wardrobe favorites until April is in full bloom. Again with the inefficient disconnecting and hodge podge reconnecting of utilities and various services on "the other side." *sigh* This is not meant to be my forum to grumble.

I'm excited. I really am. I'm going home - it's just been a very strange path getting there. I found my true love in London - Chicago was the "proof of concept" - and maybe we can actually exhale in Kansas City for a bit. :) That might be nice.

My goal is to check back post-KC move - and well ahead of wherever life takes us next - to make this blah, blah, blah a more regular post.

* Wisconsin has been my favorite state since grade school. When learning states and capitals, I knew that Wisconsin made cheese and was shaped like broccoli - two things that I particularly enjoyed - especially when served together. It's been a crush for 25 years - and finally we met. Door County did not disappoint. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home